Fairway Hydraulics (“Fairway Hydraulics“, “we“, “us“) respects the privacy of individuals. We are a “controller” for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR“), the Data Protection Act 2018 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (EU) 2003/2426 (collectively referred to as the “Data Protection Laws“).
- the type of information about you that we collect
- how that information is used
- who will have access to that information
- how long we will hold your personal information for
- our security measures for protection of that information
- how our processing of your personal data is lawful, and
- your rights under the Data Protection Laws.
The term “personal data” means any information from which a living individual can be identified such as name, contact details and photographs. “Special categories of personal data” relates to more sensitive types of personal data including (amongst others) racial or ethnic origin, physical health, mental health and additional health requirements. These terms are defined in the Data Protection Laws.
Categories of information that are collected:
We will collect and hold these categories of personal data about you:
General enquiries or complaints: If you submit a general enquiry, or if you need to make a complaint, we will need to collect your:
- contact details (address, phone number, email address), and
- the details of your enquiry or complaint.
- Account details: We collect the following information in order to create and maintain your account and enable us to provide you with accurate products/services:
- your first and last names
- your email address, username and password
- your date of birth
- your phone number
- your marketing preferences.
- Payment information: We do not store your payment card details within your account as all payment is dealt with directly by Stripe Payments Europe, Ltd. Stripe notifies us whether a transaction is successful or not.
- Information collected automatically: When you visit our site or use our services, we will automatically collect some information from the hardware and software you use at that time, which together with the other information we collect may constitute “personal data” for the purposes of the Data Protection Laws. If you are an unregistered user, we will still collect the following data:
- your browsing history on our websites
- the information provided by your device and browser, including referrer and tracking data, and
- your IP address.
- those that are strictly necessary for the operation of our site, including those that enable you to login to the user area, use the shopping check out or make purchases
- analytical and performance cookies which allow us to track the use of our site before, during and after accessing them and in turn allow us to continue to improve and monitor it
- cookies that increase functionality and the user experience for you, including remembering you when you visit the site and personalising it based on your previous use and preferences, and
- targeting cookies, which record your visit to our site, the pages visited and the links followed and are used to provide you relevant advertisements and information where possible.
At present, the following approved third parties may also set cookies when you use our services:
- to show personalised advertisements: Facebook and Google AdWords
- for our own internal web analytics purposes: Google Analytics
- for payment processing: Stripe
If your rights under the Data Protection Laws are breached, you may be entitled to compensation for damage caused by contravention of the Data Protection Laws.
By post: Fairway Hydraulics, Plot 2, Zone 5, Rushock Trading Estate, Rushock, Worcestershire, WR9 0NR, UK
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org, with a subject line containing “Data Protection.”